Monday 4 November 2013

Singapore Couple Meet Through Habbo Hotel


Asyraf and Emilia met through Habbo Hotel  © Singapore Seen

Emillia first saw her now husband, Asyraf, in a hotel. No, not the kind of hotel that first comes to mind. This hotel is a virtual hotel, and the basis for the massive multi-player online game (MMOG) that is 'Habbo Hotel'.

After spying him online, Emillia told Singapore Seen that she would always wait for Asyraf to come online. She said: "I really liked the way he was; how he never failed to make me happy every time I 'saw' him online, especially all the nights he would chat with me."

Emilia and Asyraf's Habbo avatars © Singapore Seen


The couple from Singapore soon became emotionally attached.  Emillia said: "It felt like I had known him for years. I was speechless when he declared he liked me."


A while after, the couple spoke on the phone for the first time and arranged to meet. A few dates down the line and schoolgirl at the time, Emillia, had to face the challenge of introducing Asyraf to her Mother, who distrusted the idea of meeting someone online.

It took years to convince her mother that their relationship was legitimate and it would not interfere with her studies. Emillia said: "Ultimately, one fine day, my mum gave us her blessings and accepted him."

After 7 years of being together, Asyraf proposed in true technological style, by SMS.  

The couple were married on the 19th of October, also Emilia's birthday, this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment